TAA is an acronym for ‘Tobacconists’ Association of America, Ltd.’. The Tobacconists’ Association of America, Ltd. is a trade organization established in 1968 by seven visionary retail tobacconists.
TAA exists to achieve three primary objectives:
- To establish a forum where members can exchange information and share solutions to mutual problems.
- To be represented by experienced tobacconists who promote professionalism in the industry through training and exercising fiscal responsibility. The representatives are full-line tobacco retailers who wholeheartedly comply with applicable state and local laws, are well established in the industry and the community.
- To function as a buying group that takes advantage of industry closeouts and passes huge savings to members, and provides high-quality cigars and pipes manufactured by TAA associate members.
TAA retail members can buy directly from associate members, manufacturers and suppliers at special offered prices. The support and cooperation of all members is what makes TAA so valuable. Taking advantage of networking opportunities benefits all members. Sharing knowledge and experience is mutually satisfying and buying from associate members strengthens purchasing lines.
Owners and staff are welcome to participate along with invited guests to the annual convention.
We offer a number of exclusive products for our members, including but not limited to:
- Ashton VSG Robusto Especial TAA Exclusive
- Drew Estate Acid Big Bang TAA Exclusive
- Nat Sherman Panamericana TAA Exclusive
- Padron 1964 Toro TAA Exclusive
- Its a Boy / Girl labels fit any cigar brand
- We also offer Close-outs of great quality cigars and pipes to retail members.
Retail membership in the TAA is by invitation only. We solicit our Associate members every year for quality retailers that they would like to see join the TAA.
Qualifications of Membership:
- Operates as a premium cigar and other tobacco products retailer offering a selection of pipes, cigars, and related accessories for the use and enjoyment of tobacco products with at least 1 brick and mortar Location (“B&M location”)
- Conducts a business primarily dedicated to selling tobacco at retail.
- Is not engaged in the sale of products or accessories that are intended to be used in connection with illegal drugs.
- Complies with all applicable local, state and federal laws, and has implemented measures to prevent the sale of tobacco products to minors.
- Has operated as a full-line tobacco shop for at least 5 years.
- Is a member in good standing with IPCPR for at least 5 consecutive years.
- is an active and paid member in a state association dedicated to defending the tobacco industry (Applicable only if available in your state)
- Business operation must have an electronic Point of Sale System (“POS”)
- Must be current on all dues, registrations or fees associated with the TAA
- Must be in good standing with the TAA and all TAA Associate members.
- Must have active business accounts with 80% or more of the current list of TAA Associate Members.
- Company principal(s) must attend the TAA Annual Convention and Meeting four out of five years including the Mini-Tradeshow. Convention attendance will be counted at the Mini-Tradeshow.
- Must be willing to actively participate in the TAA Mini-Tradeshow and Dream Machine Auction during the convention.
- Must be willing to, anonymously, offer up and participate in surveys relating to general data that is collected from the member’s POS and financial records to better inform the TAA membership.
- Must actively purchase and promote the TAA Exclusive Series Products (“TAA ESP”) each calendar year.
- Must present all TAA ESP at the suggested retail price either in B&M locations or on websites at no more than 10% discount on MSRP.
- Must be willing to disclose all websites owned, operated or contracted.
- Must not ship any TAA ESP to any unauthorized dealer or retailer.
- Wholesale sale of TAA ESP is strictly prohibited without the Express consent of the TAA ESP Committee.
- TAA Retail membership is nontransferable.
Please contact Stephanie Guadagno at email@example.com if you have additional questions.